In less than five weeks The Figure | Ground Gallery will present my The Wave Series, featuring 16 seascape pastels, each a variation on my color theory system. The primary reason you should attend is because it is making history. Aesthetic developments come once in a blue moon, most art is viewed as an artist’s idiosyncratic style, but Rembrandt, Vermeer, Monet, and Van Gogh made huge contributions in visual art through their advancements in painting light and, with the later pair, in color theory. This show is adding to those developments. By attending you will gain:
- A front row seat in one of the biggest developments happening now in art
- Being part of a huge grassroots movement of figurative and representational art that is destined to displace the appalling postmodernism’s niche in the highest circles of art
- The experience of what a true, exciting, and meaningful art event is at its ideal best
- An understanding of visual perceptual knowledge that will expand your mind till it explodes or dies in ecstasy
- A sense of what Aristotle means by Eudaemonia, participating in an event/achievement that celebrates flourishing in mind, heart, and senses
Hope to see you there!
Michael Newberry, Idyllwild, 7/26/2021